Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wine

Mild mannered people are often over looked, however its a quality I find very appealing and important in those I choose to share the company with. With my frequent nights spent at the bar this semester, which Ironically have been inspired by my non drinking friend I have noticed and payed attention to how others as well as myself conduct themselves. Being over the top is obnoxious, obvious of seeking attention, and deserving of a dirty look. I appreciate this new friendship I've made with Abdallah, he has given me a much needed perspective on the Arab world, and on my own upbringing.

Randomly an old friend of mine called me, after getting my number from a mutual friend. This guy and I used to be close friends, since kinder garden, and have had crazy times in the past. Tonight, we played some games of pool, talked about the hang ups we have had and our future goals and aspirations, and just about everything else that was on our fractionally impaired minds. Watched some movies I made in high school, and by getting in contact with his old friend, who is in my opinion the smartest kid in my graduating class who is still to realize his potential, (mild mannered) I have had a part of my life reborn, and a new drive set in motion.

Life is full of uncertainties, however I believe that certain things happen for definite reasons, and though I didn't understand the quantum mechanics and super string theory in their entirety that was discussed tonight, I do understand the value of ones heart and soul, and that I will look back in 20 years and understand why the things in my life have happened the way they are.

No comments: