Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Holy Geez

In my marketing courses I have recently spent a lot of time discussing blog sites, and just realized I attempted to start my own a while back, While living abroad. Picking up where I left off...

Its the week after Thanksgiving...Finally got a semi-vacation, the first since my travels in Europe. This semester has been extremely busy, with school, my job (RPAprocess.com) leading the 3 student Organizations I have become involved with, and trying to organize my life otherwise. No complaints though, I'm finding my place at WMU, getting ready to graduate in a semester or 2, and things at my job are taking off. Lately Ive noticed that I might be "losing my edge" with all this settling down and routine... This is totally unacceptable. After the madness I was fortunate to experience in London, I feel like I'm getting old in Kalamazoo.

I recently read a book, The Rum Diary, by the then 22year old Hunter S Thompson, that came highly recommended by one of my new roommates, Jay. While reading the book, I couldn't help but recall the adventures I had while doing my own travels, and wish that I would have written more things down. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly happened in my street fight in Barcelona however.

I have lost touch with a lot of that which is going on in the world right now. I guess I'm not paying enough close attention to NPR. Its been a nasty year for natural disasters and other horrific events, and Ive had some close calls, with the Tsunami while I was visiting India, the London Bombings a few weeks after I left, which happened at the Tube station I took took to work every morning, at the time I went to work every morning, The Hurricanes, the tragic earthquake on the border of India/Pakistan. I recently made good friends with a Lebanese fellow,who has given me a new perspective on the other side of the world. I hope things work out with this internship in India next summer, I need to spend some time out with my family out there, Ive simply lost touch with most of them...In the meantime, Gotta muscle through this next week of finals.

-J

No comments: