Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Left My Heart In San Francisco

Its been 4 months since the last update, and not much has happened. I now have a college degree, a good paying job, and pay my taxes to the Terminator himself, as I am a Californian resident. Ive spent years dreaming about moving to California, but waking up and seeing the ocean every day has become routine these past 3 weeks. My office is right on the Bay, with an excellent view of the city from the south side, and my house is no less than an hour and a half train ride on BART public transportation system.

I am living with a single father and his son, temporarily until I can find a place in the city. It is a very unique set up, and I feel like Uncle Jesse from Full House at times, but has proved to be an addition to the good decisions I have made since graduating college. I am certain this roommate and I would have been long time college buddies if we went to school together, and have never had such a great living situation as I do now, besides the commute. I certainly miss my friends and family back home, but I am adjusting to the lifestyle out here, meeting interesting people and being less reserved in my effort to get to know them on a personal level. I have like 15 stories I would like to insert in here, but will hold off for the time being, and update in the weeks to come.

A preview to my recount of the past few weeks, in a few sentences; Meet girl, go to Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, Almost get mugged coming home from Oakland, Wild night in the city, Wild weekend in Santa Cruz at the beach, Troubles with the BART, the asshole in me is exposed, entertaining conversations with my roomate, my take on digital download technology and the future of the film industry(which i will be very involved with the next few months) crazy stories of fraud/robbery/and infidelty back home which Ive heard about, and others....

Cheers

No comments: