Friday, March 10, 2006

A shout out to my indian brothers

Since the last post, I have started interviewing for a full time job, grown a beard (somehow got called back for a second interview regardless) got back in touch with an old friend of mine, who I haven't talked to in quite some time, and have had concern from a professor about my overall lack of sleep, and trying to make up for some of it in her consumer behavior class. Tonight is a big Indian bash at Wayside for this kid CJ's birthday. I used to have a pet peeve of Indian's changing their names to sound more American, but it no longer bothers me, since the other day when an Indian girl found out I was Indian, and wanted to know what my Indian name was, not believing that in fact Jason was a name given to a Indian boy. I look forward to the day when I wont see foreigners in this country try to Americanize themselves, losing their unique cultural aspects, just to win over a few white friends. This one Indian guy, a little older than me cracked my shit up yesterday, when I read about how he posed an auction on EBAY, having people bid on trying to convert him out of being an atheist into a christian. The winning evangelical spent half a grand to save this young Desi's soul. It later turned out that the Christian wanted the atheist Indian to attend 15 church services, and critique them. I think i might post something similar on EBAY, to make a quick buck, but i might have to change my name to a more Indian sounding name to succeed, such as Ja-dhabi.

No comments: