Thursday, March 10, 2005

American Invasion

Only London could inspire me to go out to a Irish pub, at 12:30, on Wednesday. Saw a decent Beatles cover band, though they were also Americans, and had no solid front man. They got the room dancing though, and British people dance funny, so it was amusing.

All the spring break crowd has finally left our apartment, one of the guys ended up being fraternity brothers with some really good friends of mine back home. small world. My cousin just got proposed to, in a semi-arranged setting. I'm happy for her, she will be moving to Denver next year. The new trend with arranged marriages, from what I've been hearing from people, is more of a formal introduction by the parents, and then letting the couple work out between themselves if they will tie the knot, or not. If i was put in that scenario, I hope my parents would set me up with a girl like Ashwaira Rai, because my hidden talent as a Bollywood actor/singer could be discovered.

God damnit, I love the band MUSE. When I saw their singer/vocalist at the Curioso festival last summer, my dying inner child woke up when he put my rock n roll days to shame. He is a wild man on guitar, and even switches to piano in some of his intense solos. I can flat out say, I am jealous of this musician, why am i not doing what he is doing? The only songs coming out of guitar are poor Spanish flamenco renditions. Regardless, this band is doing some great things for rock n roll, and any bad review they have gotten has been written by some guy that failed to get laid the night before he insulted them. I hate critics. Rome in a few hours, I'm learning some Italian phrases on this website I found, that also has mp3s so you can practice pronunciation.

Arrivederco
.

No comments: