Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Welcome

It has occurred to me, during my various travels this winter that I should begin publishing my thoughts, and given a free outlet, I will attempt to devout a minimal amount of time to updating this blog.

Currently, I am getting ready for my trip to Rome this weekend, which may be not quite what I expected after US soldiers killed an Italian secret service agent and wounded the kidnapped journalist, Giuliana Sgrena, who was recently released by the Iraqi insurgents.

So i guess this weekend, I will be Canadian again... (with Italian ancestry of course if I meet a Bella donna italiana) This war is getting out of hand, and I fear that other conflicts the US has identified will be dealt with in similar fashion. The current situations with N Korea, Syria, and Iran all scare me tremendously. Most recently China laying a law over Taiwan, which will allow military action if the island pursues its Independence is another global nightmare. (since China has raised its arms budget almost 13 percent, just in time for Europe to lift its arms embargo.)
If there is one thing I learned on this trip, it is that you carry your country on your shoulders, no matter where you go, and also no matter what ideals you hold.

On a brighter note, my first marketing promotion has gone live for Walt Disney's Toontown "The Incredible's Fishing Tournament."


-J

No comments: